Lakefront Yacht Club
1805 West Lakeshore Drive, Port Clinton, OH
Commodore- Stephen Banashak 419-450-5793,
Vice Commodore- Dave Ogram 260-341-5673, Rear Commodore- Jim Cox 615-330-1132,
Fleet Captain- Jon Lamb 419-707-2224, Sec./Treas.- Doug Ricci 419-707-0281,
Quartermaster- Jim Geyer 260-450-4673
Minutes of the Lakefront Yacht Club
Saturday Dec. 12, 2015
Attendees – Stephen Banashak, Dave Ogram, Jim Cox, Jon Lamb, Doug Ricci, Jim Geyer, Patrick Waitkus
Meeting was brought to order by Commodore Steve, Pledge of Allegiance was recited, roll call was taken, and minutes of the Oct. meeting were approved. It was decided to table, till our next meeting, a discussion of changes asked for to the Special Meeting minutes until the e-mail requesting those changes could be reviewed.
Bridge Reports –
- Commodore Steve gave a brief marina update. The marina is now owned by an investment company and will be managed by Marina’s International. As far as we know all the employees will remain. Kevin will report through Bob Faflick.
- Mark Ham was asked to give a report from his Membership Committee. Mark said that after talking with many members this last season one recommendation he would make is for the officers of the Bridge to get out more and make face to face contact with the members in the marina. Mark also said that after reviews of other yacht clubs he believes our club should have an increase in dues and institute some form of work hour requirement. As the future of the marina subsidizing new docker memberships and maintaining the current rent agreement is uncertain dues should be increased each year in small increments. Steve informed Mark of the Bridge decision to not increase dues for 2016 or to require work hours but that each item would be up for discussion this next year.
- It was mentioned that many changes to the way we have been operating would be coming with the liquor license and that the membership needs to be informed. Com. Steve said a mailing would be sent out to each member to explain the rules of the liquor permit.
- Concerning membership dues, the cost of membership will not change for 2016 but a 7% tax will be added as required. Also, dues cards will change by stating the type of membership obtained and a statement will be added to the affect that the privileges of social memberships will only be good at LYC as required by our affiliation with the AYC. A definition of “Port Clinton Area” will also be made as it relates to Non-Resident members..
Affairs Afloat –
- Cruise sponsorship is to be discussed at our Feb. meeting to hopefully increase participation.
- Steve told us Detroit Beach Boat Club would make a return visit to LYC on Feb. 6th with about 30 members. Volunteer now to help them have a great time.
- Dave Ogram told us about the new accounting software he selected for the club. He said it will do everything we need it to do and at a very reasonable cost. He is pretty sure it is Ricci friendly and he has already used it to produce the dues invoices for 2016.
- Commodores Steve and Patrick will complete the submittal of paperwork for the 501(c)7 and vendor permit.
- The Bridge is asked to review our constitution in the area of Bridge/Board make-up for discussion at our next meeting. You can find this information under Article IV.
Old Business –
- No update on club projects.
The next meeting of the Bridge will be on Jan. 9, 2016 at 9:00 am.
Lakefront Yacht Club