Lakefront Yacht Club
1805 West Lakeshore Drive, Port Clinton, OH
Commodore- Stephen Banashak 419-450-5793,
Vice Commodore- Dave Ogram 260-341-5673, Rear Commodore- Jim Cox 615-330-1132,
Fleet Captain- Jon Lamb 419-707-2224, Sec./Treas.- Doug Ricci 419-707-0281,
Quartermaster- Jim Geyer 260-450-4673
Minutes of the Lakefront Yacht Club
Saturday Feb. 13, 2016
Attendees – Stephen Banashak, Dave Ogram, Jim Cox, Jon Lamb, Doug Ricci, Jim Geyer, Wayne Martin, Jeff Faflik
Meeting was brought to order by Commodore Steve, Pledge of Allegiance was recited, roll call was taken, minutes of the last meeting were approved, and the current month budget was reviewed and approved.
Bridge Reports –
- Paid memberships stand at 50 at this time. Discussion took place on whether or not to sent statements out to unpaid members. It was decided this should take place in the near future.
- Marina update- Jeff Faflik our new District Manager gave us a brief history on the formation of Safe Harbor Marinas, himself. He said the primary goal is “To take care of the customers”. Michelle B. has been promoted to Service Manager and Steve K. has been promoted to Shop Foreman. The search for a marina General Manager continues. Planned repairs are to include the bulkhead at the end of the 400/500\’s, electrical issues, replacement of 45 finger docks, repair of 13 gangways, replacement of the front and west fences, replacement of the pool fence, procurement of access key fobs, and repair of the front drainage system.
- We all agreed too send e-mails with “Please Respond” in the subject line if a response was required to the e-mail and all agreed to do a better job of responding to e-mails.
- Membership cards are up to date with paid invoices.
- The next I-LYA meeting will be in the spring and the next AYC meeting is Feb. 20 in Perrysburg.
- We have 18 club staffing surveys returned in a folder in the club office.
- Doug has been using the new accounting software and is having his problems.
Affairs Afloat –
- The first cruise of 2016 will be the weekend of June 3, destination, Middle Bass.
- There no changes in planned events-check the club calendar,
- Diane Baise is on board with running the kid’s game committee.
- Review the Constitution for changes this year to be presented at the next meeting.
Old Business –
- Ceiling lights and fans and table repairs.
The next meeting of the Bridge will be on Mar. 19, 2016 at 9:00 am.
Lakefront Yacht Club