Lakefront Yacht Club
1805 West Lakeshore Drive, Port Clinton, OH
Commodore- Stephen Banashak 419-450-5793,
Vice Commodore- Dave Ogram 260-341-5673, Rear Commodore- Jim Cox 615-330-1132,
Fleet Captain- Jon Lamb 419-707-2224, Sec./Treas.- Doug Ricci 419-707-0281,
Quartermaster- Jim Geyer 260-450-4673
Minutes of the Lakefront Yacht Club
Saturday Feb. 14, 2014
Attendees – Stephen Banashak, Jim Cox, Jon Lamb, Doug Ricci, Jim Geyer, Wayne Martin, Bill Niceswanger, Patrick Waitkus.
Meeting was brought to order by Commodore Steve, Pledge of Allegiance was recited, roll call was taken, and minutes of the last meeting were approved.
Bridge Reports –
- I-LYA updates-The I-LYA spring meeting starts on 3-27 in Perrysburg. The I-LYA dues have been paid as have the cost of the 2015 club ad. A copy of the ad should be available for review in a week or so.
- Committee formations-Health and Welfare will be headed by Joanie Banashak. The Beverage Committee will be headed by Dennis Emrich and Bob Foust. A clothing committee will be headed by Joanie Banashak. A cruise committee will be headed by Molly Dorell
- Secretary/Treasurer report-Expenses and Budget Report for the last month were reviewed and approved. The budget line item for the I-LYA dues was changed to just I-LYA and will include money for yearly dues, yearly ad, and any approved grants to I-LYA. The line item for Kitchen was also explained. As of this meeting we 74 paid members.
- Marina updates-Kevin was not at the meeting but Wayne mentioned the leaks on the big fork lift had been fixed and a new small fork lift had been received. One mechanic has left for another job and a new person has been hired and will start shortly.
Affairs Afloat –
- Nothing new to report
- Nothing new to report
- Policies-Add beverage committee members to people allowed to keep club open.(Doug)
- Clothing store-Steve questioned our need to clear the store and start with new items. This was agreed on except for burgees and windbreakers. We will start to raffle off clothing at the St Patrick’s Day dinner.
- Charter update-Steve questioned if our charter needed to be updated due to something he read on the web. Doug explained we do not have a charter with the state but do have a Certificate of Existence for our tax exempt status… The state sends reminders out when these are due. Our next update is due in 2016.
- True Course- Steve has spoken with Ron G. and fond the problem to with the course schedule to have originated with the True Course web master. The classes scheduled for Lakefront are to be taken off the web site.
- Associated Yacht Clubs (AYC)-Steve reviewed the conditions for membership in the AYC and it was decided LYC should join. A membership application will be obtained, completed, and turned in. (Steve)
- New table tops are in for building new tables.(Wayne)
- Exit signs have been purchased and are to be installed.(Wayne)
- The outside electrical needs to be upgraded.(Wayne)
- Purchase a portable PA system.(Jim)
- Look for an ice maker for the bar area and a food warmer.(Jim)
- Research new chairs for the clubroom.(Geyer)
- Purchase and install an antenna for the stereo and light for the front entry way. (Wayne)
The next meeting of the Bridge will be on April 11, 2015 at 10:00 am.