Lakefront Yacht Club
1805 West Lakeshore Drive, Port Clinton, OH
Commodore- Stephen Banashak 419-450-5793,
Vice Commodore- Dave Ogram 260-341-5673, Rear Commodore- Jim Cox 615-330-1132,
Fleet Captain- Jon Lamb 419-707-2224, Sec./Treas.- Doug Ricci 419-707-0281,
Quartermaster- Jim Geyer 260-450-4673
Minutes of the Lakefront Yacht Club
Saturday Jan. 14, 2014
Attendees – Stephen Banashak, Dave Ogram, Jim Cox, Jon Lamb, Doug Ricci, Jim Geyer, Kevin Asher, Patrick Waitkus.
Meeting was brought to order by Commodore Steve.
- I-LYA Spring Meeting will be in Perrysburg March27-29. See I-LYA web site for details.
- Forming new committees. We need your ideas and help. Decorating Committee-Linda Ogram, History Committee-Patrick Waitkus, Health/Welfare Committee-?????
- Sec/Treas- Minutes of the Last meeting were approved. Budget report was approved. I-LYA dues have increased to $190. This will be paid on time. There was discussion on whether/what to give to I-LYA Yachtsmen’s Fund. Item was tabled till next meeting. At the present time we have 67 paid members. Members of the LYC have been invited to The Northeast Yacht Club, located by land at 14321 Lakeshore Blvd. Cleveland, Ohio.
- Marina Updates- The deck is just about ready to be floored then a pirate ship will be added. Many hands and drills will be helpful. The CNL marina portfolio is up for sale. Spring is just around the corner so start thinking about when you will want your boat back in the water.
- Cruises are being planned: to Middle Bass 6-6, to Battery Park 7-11, to Vermillion 8-11, to Kelly’s Is. 9-19.
- Gatherings are being planned for: St. Patrick’s Day party 3-14, Mother’s Day celebration 5-9, Blessing of the fleet 5-16, Cigars under the stars 6-20, Margarita challenge 6-27.
- Please see the completed marina and club calendar on the LYC web site.
- New table tops are in for building new tables.(Wayne)
- Exit signs have been purchased and are to be installed.(Wayne)
- A new cabinet needs to be purchased and installed in the kitchen.(Wayne)
- The outside electrical needs to be upgraded.(Wayne)
- Look for a mic system that will work with our speaker system.(Jim)
- Look for an ice maker for the bar area and a food warmer.(Jim)
- Research new chairs for the clubroom.(Patrick)
The next meeting of the Bridge will be on Feb. 14, 2015 at 9:00 am.