Lakefront Yacht Club
1805 West Lakeshore Drive, Port Clinton, OH
Commodore- Stephen Banashak 419-450-5793,
Vice Commodore- Dave Ogram 260-341-5673, Rear Commodore- Jim Cox 615-330-1132,
Fleet Captain- Jon Lamb 419-707-2224, Sec./Treas.- Doug Ricci 419-707-0281,
Quartermaster- Jim Geyer 260-450-4673
Minutes of the Lakefront Yacht Club
Saturday May 16, 2015
Attendees – Stephen Banashak, Dave Ogram, Jim Cox, Jon Lamb, Doug Ricci, Wayne Martin, Bill Niceswanger, Patrick Waitkus, and Kevin Asher.
Meeting was brought to order by Commodore Steve, Pledge of Allegiance was recited, roll call was taken, the minutes of the last meeting were approved, and the current month budget was reviewed and approved.
Bridge Reports –
- LYC has been accepted as a member in the AYC. We have 3 standing delegates to attend monthly meetings and 2 alternates. We are looking for a 3rd If interested see Steve Banashak. Every club is required to host an AYC meeting at some time. LYC will host in Sept. 2016.
- We have 12 new dockers and 95 paid members for a total of 107 members at this time. A motion was made to formally accept all paid members on the roll at this time. Motion passed.
- There was some discussion on changing to open meetings. This item is tabled for more discussion at a later time.
- There were some problems with the excel program that the membership is tracked on. This list will be cleaned up and sent to all Bridge members Doug.
- Due to time constraints in getting the Ship’s Store up and operating an e-mail vote was taken to release all budgeted funds to the store committee. Of those voting the vote was 4 yes and 3 no. The committee was informed their funds were released.
Affairs Afloat –
- Fleet Cpt. Jon says it is getting harder to reserve slips for cruises as the state and some marinas want a lot of personal data and want each boater to call in their own reservation. Jon will keep on top of this and he may need to make changes and ask for boater help as the cruise gets closer. Also Jon asks that the cruises be advertised on the website.
- A Night at the Races is all set for Memorial Day weekend.
- There will be a flag ceremony at 0900 on Memorial Day.
- The website needs to be up-dated with current data. We would like to see the club minutes, Ship’s Store items, cruise info, club pictures, and alink to AYC should be added also. Jim Geyer will see to the website
- A membership committee will be headed up by Diana Baise. Diana will use our membership list and dinner guest lists to ferret out new and past members to join the club.
- Doug asked that everyone throw away any old membership applications that may be laying around. Doug will send the new application to the Bridge.
- Joanie Banashak and Becky Ricci reported on the progress with the Ship’s Store. They showed us samples of clothing and other items that will be for sale.
Old Business –
- Porch light and outside electrical are still to be completed. Wayne Martin will take care of these items.
- The marina has been busy launching boats. The channel has been dredged. The deck has been floored and will be dedicated on National Marina Day. The pool has been cleaned and will be open Memorial Day weekend.
- Catawba West Yacht Club has lost their building and wants to talk to us about sharing ours. Steve Banashak will talk to them and schedule a meeting for a presentation.
The next meeting of the Bridge will be on June 13, 2015 at 9:00 am.
Lakefront Yacht Club