Lakefront Yacht Club
1805 West Lakeshore Drive, Port Clinton, OH
Commodore- Stephen Banashak 419-450-5793,
Vice Commodore- Dave Ogram 260-341-5673, Rear Commodore- Jim Cox 615-330-1132,
Fleet Captain- Jon Lamb 419-707-2224, Sec./Treas.- Doug Ricci 419-707-0281,
Quartermaster- Jim Geyer 260-450-4673
Minutes of the Lakefront Yacht Club
Saturday May 13, 2015
Attendees – Stephen Banashak, Dave Ogram, Jim Cox, Doug Ricci, Jim Geyer, Wayne Martin, Bill Niceswanger, Emmanuel Umoren, Dennis Emrich, and Kevin Asher.
Meeting was brought to order by Commodore Steve, Pledge of Allegiance was recited, roll call was taken, minutes of the last meeting were approved, and the current month budget was reviewed and approved. It was asked that we add an Accounts Payable column to the budget report in order to be able to see expenses not yet paid. Doug Ricci will do this.
Bridge Reports –
- I-LYA regatta is coming up 5th of August. We will host an AYC meeting in August of 2016.
- We have 117 members to the LYC. Now is the time to talk up membership to non-members. A sign and membership applications will be placed in a prominent location at today’s Marina Day dinner.
- Joanie Banashak showed some of the newer items for sale in the Ship’s Store and gave a report on how much has been spent and received to date. About half of the store budget has been spent.
- A discussion was held on whether an ATM would be beneficial. Kevin Asher will look into this matter.
- Dave Ogram has looked into the matter of charging tax on items from the store and it looks like we are liable for tax. Doug Ricci will look into getting a vendor’s license to start the process.
Affairs Afloat –
- The Middle Bass cruise took place even though small craft warnings were issued that day. Because of the weather only about half the scheduled boats made the trip. Those that were there had a real good time.
- Up coming cruises:
July 11-12 to Battery Park
Aug 15-16 to Vermilion
Sept 19-20 Kelly’s Island
- June 20th – cigars under the stars. Bring your favorite stogies and drink. Kevin usually provides enough cigars to go around if you are new to cigars or just don’t have any. Come, sit, relax, and enjoy some good stories.
- June 27th- Margarita Challenge and Jambalaya cook out. Mix up your favorite batch of Rita’s and join the contest to see who wins the right to add bling to the trophy.
- Aug. 2016 we will host a meeting and dinner for the AYC.
- Apply for vendors licens—Doug
- Look into ATM—Kevin
- We have been asked to put on a memorial dinner for Judy Daugherty. This will be planned and discussed with Stan. –Steve and Jim.
- Kevin reported on the marina – The work on the lift wells will start any day. A sale is pending on the marina property to an investment fund. When it goes through the management team will most likely be Marinas International.
Old Business –
- Porch light and outside electrical are still to be completed. Wayne Martin will take care of these items.
- Catawba West Yacht Club has lost their building and wants to talk to us about sharing ours. Steve Banashak will talk to them and schedule a meeting for a presentation.
The next meeting of the Bridge will be on July 18, 2015 at 9:00 am.
Lakefront Yacht Club