Lakefront Yacht Club
1805 West Lakeshore Drive, Port Clinton, OH
Commodore- Stephen Banashak 419-450-5793,
Vice Commodore- Dave Ogram 260-341-5673, Rear Commodore- Jim Cox 615-330-1132,
Fleet Captain- Jon Lamb 419-707-2224, Sec./Treas.- Doug Ricci 419-707-0281,
Quartermaster- Jim Geyer 260-450-4673
Minutes of the Lakefront Yacht Club (as transcribed from Commodore’s notes)
Wednesday, October 3, 2015
Attendees – Stephen Banashak, Dave Ogram, Jim Cox, Jon Lamb, Jim Geyer, Wayne Martin, Patrick Waitkus.
Meeting was brought to order by Commodore Steve, Pledge of Allegiance was recited, roll call was taken, minutes of the last meeting were approved, and a statement of cash on hand was given by Commodore Steve.
Bridge Reports –
- I-LYA is meeting on Dec. 5-6 and AYC is meeting January 19-20. Both meetings are at the Perrysburg Holiday Inn. Both should be considered by all members to attend. These are special meetings as well as educational opportunities and 2016 planning. Commodore Steve has dinner, $50, and social, $20, tickets for AYC.
Affairs Afloat –
- Closed the year with a cruise to Kelly’s Island. Great group of 12 boats. Good weather and all had a good time.
- Need to suggest dates and destinations for 2016.
- Need to find ways to increase attendance on cruises.
- Need to review 2016 agenda with Jim and Maria Geyer and Kevin Asher with ideas from new children’s game committee.
- Lock has been changed on Contribution Box. Doug has a key log started.
- Supplying more information on Liq. Permit. When completed need to firm up details on Club Manager position. Have one person interested.
- Meeting has been set Liq. Control Agent to interview Bridge and LYC members.
- Continue discussions on raising dues and drink prices, and required work hours.
- Will not have a Nov. meeting. Will communicate by phone and e-mail and will circulate Mark Ham’s proposed ideas.
- Need to finalize proposed agenda, review 2016 membership application for changes, prepare and mail dues invoices.
Old Business –
- Still need update information on vendors license and tax requirements.
- Wayne Martin will try to make time available in the off season to complete lighting, table repairs, and electrical work.
The next meeting of the Bridge will be on Dec. 12, 2015 at 10:00 am.
Lakefront Yacht Club