Lakefront Yacht Club
1805 West Lakeshore Drive, Port Clinton, OH
POLICIES OF THE LAKEFRONT YACHT CLUB
- MARINA FACILITIES-It should be understood by all members of the Lakefront Yacht Club (LYC) that membership in the LYC does not grant unlimited use of the marina facilities. If you are not a docker or do not store your watercraft at Lakefront Marina your membership in LYC allows you access to the clubroom and game-room only. Social members of LYC do not have an open invitation to marina only events. Although tolerated in the past, the use of the pool by non-invited members of LYC can no longer be tolerated.
- VOTING RIGHTS-Families of members do not have voting rights. Families are considered to be the spouse of the member and their children living with them. The spouse is someone who is married to the member.
- WEARING OF UNIFORMS-Officers of flag rank should wear their uniforms to club functions on holidays and celebrations as requested by the Commodore.
- CHILDREN IN THE CLUBROOM-Children the age of twelve and under are not allowed in the clubroom unless accompanied by an adult and should not be permitted to get their own beverage from a cooler unless observed by the responsible adult. Club members should monitor the behavior of all children. If a problem is noticed please inform the responsible adult or a member of the Bridge.
- MEMORIALS-LYC should provide for a deceased member, or immediate family member, a memorial valued at $50.00. An immediate family member is defined as spouse, their children, mother, father, mother in law, and father in law.
- LOCKERS-Storage lockers with combination locks are available for rent in the clubroom at $50.00 per year.
- OPEN COOLERS-A member of the Bridge or Hospitality Committee should be in attendance in the clubroom whenever a LYC cooler is unlocked.
- CLUB HOURS-The clubroom should be opened for use by members from 0900-1630 on week days and from 0900 -1500 on weekends unless a member of the Bridge or Hospitality Committee is present in which case the clubroom may be open longer. The clubroom will not be open after-hours without a member of the Bridge or Hospitalityp Committee present. To enter the clubroom after hours you should have your membership card with you.
- CLEANING UP-The Bridge appreciates your help in cleaning up after an event. If a member has a private gathering in the clubroom or game-room that member is responsible for cleaning up. If the member does not ensure cleanup the Bridge will ensure cleanup and the responsible member will be assessed a cleanup fee. Failure to pay the cleanup fee could be grounds for loosing membership in LYC.
- LANGUAGE-Please remember this is a family oriented yacht club. Children are invited to most club events and could be present at any time. Not using foul language will help us set the proper example for our kids.
Approved by the Board of Directors 5-16-2015
THE ABOVE POLICIES SHOULD BE FOLLOWED UNLESS APPROVAL IS GRANTED BY THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS. FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THE ABOVE POLICIES MAY LEAD TO A LOSS OF YOUR CLUB MEMBERSHIP